Internal Protocol & Contigency Plan
Name: Living Tours
Adress: Rua Mouzinho da Silveira 352, 4050-418 Porto
Social denomination: Living Tours – Viagens e Turismo, Lda
Social adress: Rua de Mouzinho da Silveira, 350 | 4050 – 418 Porto
RNAVT 2731 | RNAAT 30/2004
Recognizing the disease COVID-19, the result of the Sars-Cov-2 virus pandemic, which came to totally affect the activity of the company Living Tours, as a reference in Porto and Northern Portugal as a travel agency and tourist activity company with 16 years of Experience 100% dedicated to international travellers receptive to Porto and the North, we created the following protocol, in order to gather the necessary conditions to adapt the business to the new reality and fulfil all the necessary requirements in the performance of our activity, respecting the Directorate General of Health and especially, Turismo de Portugal, an organization that, through the Clean & Safe stamp, gives companies in the tourism sector the necessary certification that guarantees the trust of customers and the market in complying with safety the security and hygiene measures.
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
1.1 IN THE FACILITIES
1.1.1 Signaling and Information
- The Internal protocol is available for consultation and can be requested to any employee or alternatively viewed on our website at: www.livingtours.com
- The vehicles have visible information at the access points and inside with the indication of the code of conduct and access rules according to its capacity:
- Information on accessing the maximum capacity of customers inside vehicles.
- Information with the code of conduct inside the vehicles in English and Portuguese:
- Mandatory use of mask
- Disinfection of hands at every entrance with an alcohol-gel solution provided by Living Tours guides or drivers.
- Unavailable places will be properly identified.
1.1.2 Hygiene plan
- The use of a mask by all employees and customers is mandatory.
- The entrance of customers must be orderly. One customer enters the vehicle at a time and the next one can only enter when the previous one is already seated. The order to enter must start from the back to the front and getting out from the front to the back.
- Transfers, the driver or guide must inform the customer that he is not authorized to carry his luggage. In the event that the client has a physical condition that does not allow him the driver must use disposable gloves and put them in the trash afterwards;
- The guide or driver must provide an alcohol gel solution to each customer to proceed with disinfection of hands and forearms before each entry into the vehicle. Employees must also proceed with the same hygiene practice with the same frequency.
- Changing seats is not allowed. The customers should always sit in the chosen place at the beginning of the tour.
- The surfaces of vehicles most susceptible to touch must be cleaned with the solution provided by Living Tours, a powerful disinfecting agent, germicidal, virucidal and fungicidal, which acts as bacteriostatic and bactericidal. Destroys microorganisms of Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Hyperacide corynebacterien, Bacillus subtilis, Streptococcus faecalis, Critical Sarcina, Dyspepsie coli, Aerobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, Legida, etc. It protects and controls a wide spectrum of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria and some diseases, such as: SARS -CoV - 2 virus, SARS-CoV, “esperanza” flu virus, H1N1, herpes, adenovirus type 2, etc.
- The vehicles must be cleaned by each guide or driver at the beginning of the day, before collecting customers, in the middle of the day during the tour break and at the end of the day before parking and immobilizing the vehicle. The surfaces most likely to touch the steering wheel, the interior and exterior handles of all doors, gear levers, seat belts, windows, head restraints, all buttons on the dashboard (eg radio, air conditioning buttons, air vents, window opening, windows, etc.). Each vehicle has paper towels for cleaning surfaces. It is allowed to spray the upholstery in reduced quantities, leaving the doors open for 10/15 minutes after the act to facilitate drying. The use of cloths is strictly prohibited.
- In vehicles, natural ventilation is considered to be the best solution (open windows) or alternatively mechanical air (air conditioning, only in extraction mode never in recirculation).
- At the end of the day, a mop with the disinfection solution provided by the company must be passed on the floor of all vehicles.
- Microphones: Living Tours provides a roll of cling film for each vehicle that must cover the entire microphone at the beginning of the day and must be placed in the waste bin provided by the company in the washing area at the end of the tour. No new film should be placed.
- TPA’S: preference should be given to the contactless payment method, in the event that the device or the customer's card does not have this functionality, the customer must insert the card into the slot itself. The device must be cleaned with an alcohol gel solution each time.
- The cleaning registration of the different spaces must be carried out, individualizing as follows:
1.1.3 Sanitation equipment
- Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution in each vehicle
- Sprayers with a vehicle disinfection solution that is neither harmful nor corrosive
- Paper wipes for cleaning vehicles;
- kit with disposable masks in the event that a customer does not have or lose their masks
1.2 FOR EMPLOYEES
- All Employees received specific information and / or training on:
- This Internal protocol for the COVID-19
- How to proceed with the basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
- hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
- respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into your forearm or use tissue paper, which then must be immediately putted in the garbage; hand hygiene always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- social behavior: altering the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared workplaces, face-to-face meetings and food sharing, utensils.
1.2.2 Equipment - Personal protection
- The use of a certified and reusable Washable Mask, provided by Living Tours to employees, is mandatory.
- how to behave with client and colleagues
- Keep the distance between employees and customers, avoid physical contact including handshakes.
- the excessive use of personal ornaments (bracelets, neclaces, rings, etc.) is not recommended.
- Knowledge of the products to be used (detergents and disinfectants), the precautions to be taken with their handling, dilution and application in safe conditions, how to protect themselves during the cleaning procedures of the spaces and how to ensure good ventilation of the same during the cleaning and disinfection.
1.3 FOR THE CLIENTS
1.3.1 Personal protective equipment
- Requirement of personal protective equipment for access to facilities and travel (mask)
- Comply the rules of permanence in establishments with the limitation of the social distance between clients, and between clients and collaborators, within the facilities, in accordance with the recommendations of the Directorate General of Health.
- The maximum number of space capacity must be respected
- Hand sanitize with alcohol gel solution at the entrance of the vehicles and establishments
- The customers should always sit in the chosen place at the beginning of the tour.
1.4 FOR THE COMPANY
- The maintenance of the social safety distance between clients and collaborators of 2 meters, within the facilities, in accordance with the recommendations of the Directorate General of Health.
- The distribution of information, in the field of activity, preferably in digital / online support.
- Compliance with internal sanitation and safety protocols for partners involved in programs sold by the Travel Agency.
2 PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTION OF INFECTION
2.1 ACTION PLAN
- In the course of a service provided, the responsible collaborator (guide or driver), in the event of being present a suspected case easily identifiable with symptoms of shortness of breath or persistent cough should contact the National Health Service via 808 24 24 24. If the weather conditions are favourable the guide or drive should guide the clients to the exterior of the vehicle with the recommended security distance.
After identifying the suspect and contacting the SNS, the instructions of this entity must be followed.
It is only allowed to return inside the vehicle if the SNS gives permission.
- RECOMMENDATIONS DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF HEALTH
- LIVING TOURS CONTINGENCY PLAN